What is modern interior design concept ?
Modern is a broad design term that typically refers to a home with clean, crisp lines, a simple colour palette and the use of materials that can include metal, glass and steel. Modern design employs a sense of simplicity in every element, including furniture.
Tips to modernize a house design.
If you’re designing a home (either by yourself or with a designer) wondering if you’ve got a modern home design, here are some design tips and features to consider to ensure you’re on the right track and/or correct course with your modern home design.
1. Create a straight – forward simple floor plan.
2. Create an open floor plan with flexible spaces.
3. Simplify your roof design
4. Consider your window design
5. Be intentional with storage
6. Simplify the architectural detailing
7. Consider the home’s materiality
8. Consider a neutral color palette
9. Be selective in choosing fixtures, furnishings, and accessories.
What is the difference between contemporary and modern interior design?
Many people think modern and contemporary design is the same. But there’s a world of difference. They may be synonyms when describing many things, but in design, modern vs. contemporary are quite different. Modern design refers to an era that has passed, while contemporary design is all about the now and the future. The most popular modern design era is the mid-century modern era of the 1950s and 1960s. But Art Deco design of the 1920s or anything from then to the vintage look of the 1970s can also be considered modern. Here are the most popular elements and looks of modern vs. contemporary design.